Volunteering is special and extraordinary. Yet the idea of giving time to a cause that is bigger than ourselves, for no monetary reward, may be new and strange to many people.
Not Normal: Seven Quirks of Incredible Volunteers is for every volunteer as well as the leader whose job it is to find and keep great volunteers. It explores seven characteristics—quirks—that make volunteering at church a unique and fulfilling experience:
- Why not normal volunteers feel compelled to take that first step
- Why they behave like small is actually big
- Why they “own” instead of “rent”
- Why they are more about “we” than “me”
- Why they honor the leader
- Why they are always looking for a way out
- Why they dream big but understand reality
In Not Normal, Sue Miller and Adam Duckworth help volunteers find their volunteering voices and become not normal in their own unique ways.
Not Normal is the companion volume to Leading Not Normal Volunteers, written especially for leaders.