ABOUT THE BOOK
We all want our kids to “have faith.” But what does that mean? Where does faith come from? What does faith look like in action, especially when bad things happen or life is uncertain?
Focus: Take a Closer Look is an interactive devotional that helps kids understand what it means to place their trust in Jesus and follow Him every day. By taking a look at the lives of some of Jesus’ earliest followers, we can help kids grow a faith that’s centered around the life, work, and freedom found in Jesus. Inside, kids will find…
- 8 weeks of engaging activities (with something fun to do on almost every page)
- 4 days of devotions for each week
- A hands-on Focus Challenge to put the key principle from the week into practice
- A Focus Decoder (a punchout with a 3D lens) used to reveal cool facts and helpful tips scattered throughout the book.
These 40+ devotional activities help kids discover key principles about faith, like…
- Faith is trusting in what you can’t see because of what you can see.
- You can know Jesus even though you’ve never seen Him.
- Knowing Jesus can help you face your fears.
- We can’t earn grace.
- You have what it takes to tell others about Jesus.
- Knowing Jesus changes the way you see your problems.
- Following Jesus will turn out greater than you can imagine.
Written to kids and for kids, this devotional tackles a BIG topic (what it means to grow in faith) in a relevant, engaging, and practical way.
Focus: Take a Closer Look is part of the 252 Kids Devotional Series, interactive devotional books for elementary-age children. Based on Luke 2:52, these devotionals are designed to help kids grow in wisdom, faith, and friendship.
BULK PRICING AVAILABLE
Purchase this book from Orange and save.
Get up to 50% off bulk orders, available only from Orange.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR & ILLUSTRATOR
Holly spent eight years on staff with North Point Ministries working with volunteers, kids, and students. She currently serves as lead writer for Life Stage Strategies at Orange. She is the author of Focus: Take a Closer Look and Where in the World, devotionals for kids, and the Treasured Journal, an interactive devotional for moms and tween daughters. Holly is raising three daughters, Lilah (the silly one), Esmae (the charming one), and Sailor (the sweet one) in Cumming, Georgia.
Jacob Hunt is a freelance illustrator, cartoonist, and graphic designer working from his home in Atlanta’s West End. He holds an MFA in sequential art from SCAD-Atlanta. Jacob’s diverse past gigs include character design for Verizon, graffiti for Oprah Winfrey, and comic strips for Flagpole Magazine. He also illustrated the award-winning tabletop role-playing game, Heavy Metal Thunder Mouse. Currently, Jacob is developing Rumspringer, a graphic novel, and preparing to release the debut album of his indie rock band, Tracer Metula.